Saturday, February 23, 2008

injury time: parker place

parker place

this thoroughfare
may seem like another
street
to you,
but my heart sings
impossible riffs
over gershwin tunes
every time i'm on it.
a street
where even parking here
get me dizzy,
blessed by truck driver monks
and birds
that never stop singing,
never fly south for the winter,
never stop spectacles
that leave my body clamoring for more,
never stop making new songs
of things you think you've heard before,
or
creating original moments
in places you've just arrived.

This is Bird's street.
and I'm going to make music
every time I'm there.

3 comments:

Roza said...

this one has a live pulse that i really dig
xoxoxo
m

Ruby K said...

thanks malka!

stonepoem said...

This one shines. By the read of things we'll all enjoy your journey.