Thursday, January 31, 2008

And now, some notes from the Author....

me.

Thanks for coming through. I wanted to give special knowledge to the person who's idea this really was in the first place. I saw this person for the first time in months, and the person told me of the plan to write 365 poems in a year. I, buffoonishly, said, "that sounds great! can I do it with you?" and my friend replied, "uh... yeah... suuuuuuuuure," and would've slowly edged away if I hadn't handed out some bourbon.

Anyway, this person is incredibly talented poet, and has a head start on me (and the actual distinction of, you know, not missing a day, never mind 21 days). You should
check out his blog.


Also, i thrive on personal compliments, and on feedback. A lot of these poems I'm not even going to take an editing pen to, or it may be a long while before it happens. but you dig something? you don't like something? say something.

enjoy!
Ruby K

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

R, I'm so glad you're doing this. I forgot how good you are at
this stuff :) Mind if I plug you in my little corners of the internet?

Keep up the good work, homes.

M

Ruby K said...

Marty,

thanks so much for the love, yo. And yes, by all means, spread the word. A few folks have started giving me feedback, and while i'm doing this for me, it's nice to get love, be it in the form of hits, praise, constructive feedback, whatev.

RtothaK